200 Hour meditation teacher training content is delivered over six weekend modules and provides a solid base on all aspects of teaching and practicing meditation. We encourage and support students with a variety of abilities, coming from a range of traditions to develop and expand on their existing practice.
POWERFUL AND POSITIVE EXPERIENCE
Meditation Teacher Training with Yoga Dharma is a powerful and positive experience. The course provides the skills and tools to live a more positive and balanced life.
PROFOUND AND PRACTICAL
The weekend modules provide a thorough investigation into the practical and profound aspects of meditation. This is done through guided study of yoga’s most thoughtful and empowering texts, the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali, The Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Yajnavalkya.
Your knowledge will set you apart and you will be confident and inspiring when discussing concepts such as, Pratyahara (purification of the mind) Dharana (training the mind to a single point) Dhayana (holding the mind at a single point) and Samadhi (the object now shines back uninterrupted)
SCIENCE OF YOGA
Each weekend module will also be preparation for the homework and self-practice. Full support and practical advice are given for completing written assignments, including detailed handouts.
Time is spent on how you can promote your self as a teacher of meditation. We use purely ethical techniques based around the Yamas and Niyamas, part of Patanjalis Yoga Sutras. The Yamas and Niyamas set out our personal and universal codes of conduct and guide us how to live life in harmony with all creatures and the environment.
BECOMING A TEACHER OF MEDITATION
Practical advice is given on how to set your self up as an independent meditation teacher. Setting up classes, becoming self-employed, business plans. Being a meditation teacher can be a highly flexible and independent career. You will have the opportunity to work the hours you choose, either part time or full time.
200 HOUR MEDITATION TEACHER TRAINING CONTENT
- Practical aspects of class management & planning
- Teaching methods
- Adjusting, alignment & anatomy
- Open the hips for correct seated posture
- Mapping the subtle body
- Applying Chakras, Bandhas, Nadis, Mudras, Granthis, Vayus & Koshas
- Detailed introduction into Yoga philosophy
- The yoga concept of mind
- The Yoga Sutras the Bhagavad Gita and the Yoga Yajnalkya
- The history of meditation & yoga
- The Yugas
- Pranayama to calm & focus the mind
- Understanding the parasympathetic & sympathetic nervous system
- Ethical marketing with the Yamas and Niyamas
- Class room assisting
- The history of yoga
- Laya yoga & Kundalini
Comprehensive course handouts and manual
YOGA DHARMA TEACHER TRAINING COURSES:
- 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training
- 300 Hour Expert Yoga Teacher Training
- 200 Hour Meditation Teacher Training
- 100 Hour Teach Pranayama Training
- 200 Hour Residential Yoga Teacher Training
- 300 Hour Residential Yoga Teacher Training
- Yoga Dharma EU
Call Martin on: 07787357306